Reaching Home: Canada’s Homelessness Strategy (RH) is a community-based program aimed at preventing and reducing homelessness across Canada. Reaching Home is funded by the Government of Canada and delivered by a local Community Entity.
- The program directives can be found at Reaching Home: Canada’s Homelessness Strategy Directives.
Responding to COVID-19
- Call for Proposals – Additional Reaching Home Designated Community COVID-19 Economic Response Plan Funding: Lu’ma Native BCH Housing Society, in partnership with Vancity Community Foundation is pleased to announce that applications for additional funding recently announced under Reaching Home’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan (CERP) are now open. Find out more and apply here.
- Call for Proposals (NOW CLOSED): The Community Entity, Lu’ma Native BCH Housing Society, in partnership with Vancity Community Foundation, has allocated approximately $8.1 million in funding through Reaching Home’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan to organizations supporting individuals who are experiencing or at imminent risk of homelessness. Thank you to those who applied.
- Looking for Housing? Although the Reaching Home program does not provide housing directly, we have been receiving a number of questions from individuals and families economically impacted by COVID-19. We've compiled this Frequently Asked Questions document to help direct your inquiry.
- Are you a housing provider? The Canadian Network for the Health and Housing of People Experiencing Homelessness (CNH3) is collecting and sharing resources to help the homelessness sector respond to a COVID-19 outbreak, and regularly updating this page with the best practices, tools and tips.
Effective April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020, Vancity Community Foundation (VCF) will serve as the interim Community Entity (CE) for the designated community funding stream in the Greater Vancouver region.
VCF has long championed innovative housing solutions and has proven experience managing federal homelessness funds in the region. From 2011 to 2019, VCF worked alongside the Metro Vancouver Regional District to deliver the Homelessness Partnering Strategy, now redesigned as Reaching Home.
As the interim Community Entity, VCF works with the Community Advisory Board and partners, including the local Indigenous Community Entity and Council of Community Homelessness Tables, to support service delivery and system coordination to address homelessness.
Community Advisory Board
Members of the Community Advisory Board (CAB) give voice to the interests of the homeless population and to the homeless-serving community.
The CAB develops the Reaching Home community plan, which identifies funding priorities to respond to local needs. The plan is approved by the federal government and updated annually.
The CAB reviews and recommends projects based on Reaching Home directives, terms and conditions as well as community plan priorities. VCF as the Community Entity, with the guidance of Service Canada, works with the CAB during this process, answering program-related questions and ensuring a fair and transparent process. Once projects are approved, VCF supports project staff in achieving program investment and outcome targets.
Reaching Home Funded Projects
See the Greater Vancouver projects that have been funded by Reaching Home for 2019 to 2020.
Resources on Homelessness
Find resources on homelessness including local homeless counts and housing first reports.
For more information on Vancity Community Foundation in its role as interim Community Entity of Reaching Home, please contact ReachingHome@vancity.com.