Everything we do helps build community assets. At the end of the period, 2015, Vancity Community Foundation held $56,792,006 in total assets and had distributed $5,907,744. Please review our 2015 Annual Report (PDF) for more details.
In addition to the balanced portfolios managed by Vancity Investment Management and our deposits held at Vancity for lending to the members, we also held or allocated the following instruments as of December 31, 2015.
|Mission Based Investing|
|Social Venture Private Equity Investments||$4.2M|
|Loan Loss Provisions and Guarantees||$3.8M|
|Total Proportion of Segregated Impact Investments||$16.1M|
Socially Responsible Investment
A FOSSIL FREE PORTFOLIO
In 2015, VCF’s advisors at Vancity Investment Management applied a more aggressive risk management strategy in 2014 which included a completely fossil fuel free portfolio within our international holdings, divestment from all tar sands extraction in domestic investments, and a move towards less carbon intensive energy companies, away from oil, and into natural gas to include alternatives such as solar.
100% of our investments are screened by our managers according to Socially Responsible Investment parameters based on the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investing.
- We will incorporate Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Our Investment Portfolios
Our investments are managed primarily through Vancity Investment Management, according to an Investment Policy Statement set by our Board of Directors.
|Performance of Our Donor Advised Fund Portfolio|
|1 YEAR||3 YEAR||5 YEAR||16 YEARS|
|As of Dec. 31, 2015||ANNUAL||ANNUAL||ANNUAL||ANNUAL|
|Vancity Community Foundation||4.44%||14.17%||9.44%||5.33%|
(5% T-Bill, 35% Canada Bond, 45% TSX, 15% S&P500)