Everything we do helps build community assets. At the end of 2020, Vancity Community Foundation held $97,397,186 in consolidated assets and had disbursed $37,791,421 in grants and $6,191,957 to community projects and partnerships to charities and community initiatives. Our 2020 Annual Report and Audited Financial Statements can be found below!
- 2020 Annual Report | 2020 Audited Financial Statements
- 2019 Annual Report | 2019 Audited Financial Statements
- 2018 Annual Report | 2018 Audited Financial Statements
- 2017 Annual Report | 2017 Audited Financial Statements
- 2016 Annual Report | 2016 Audited Financial Statements
Note: Copies of our previous years' annual reports and audited financial statements are available upon request.
In addition to the balanced portfolios managed by Vancity Investment Management and our deposits held at Vancity for lending to the members, we also held or allocated the following instruments as of December 31, 2019.
|Mission Based Investing|
|Program-Related Investments||$17,379,180 (24.4%)|
|Mission-Related Investments||$1,512,810 (2.1%)|
Socially Responsible Investment
100% of our investments are screened by our managers according to Socially Responsible Investment parameters based on the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investing:
- We will incorporate Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Our Investment Portfolios
Our investments are managed primarily through Vancity Investment Management, according to an Investment Policy Statement set by our Board of Directors.
Performance of Our Vancity Investment Management (VCIM) Portfolio
|To December 31, 2020||3 MO||1 YR||3 YR||5 YR||10 YR|
|Vancity Community Foundation||8.44%||18.02%||10.42%||9.26%||7.56%|
(5% T-Bill, DEX Universal Bond Index 45%, TSX Index 42.5%, S&P500 Index C$ 7.5%)