Everything we do helps build community assets. At the end of the period, 2018, Vancity Community Foundation held $68,461,327 in total assets and had distributed $6,325,154 to charities and community initiatives. Please review our 2018 Annual Report (PDF) for more details.
Past Annual Reports
Note: Copies of our audited financial statements are available upon request.
In addition to the balanced portfolios managed by Vancity Investment Management and our deposits held at Vancity for lending to the members, we also held or allocated the following instruments as of December 31, 2018.
|Mission Based Investing|
Socially Responsible Investment
100% of our investments are screened by our managers according to Socially Responsible Investment parameters based on the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investing:
- We will incorporate Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Our Investment Portfolios
Our investments are managed primarily through Vancity Investment Management, according to an Investment Policy Statement set by our Board of Directors.
Performance of Our Vancity Investment Management (VCIM) Portfolio
|As of Dec. 31, 2018||1 YEAR||3 YEARS||5 YEARS||10 YEARS||18 YEARS|
|Vancity Community Foundation||-1.9%||4.30%||5.03%||6.65%||5.13%|
(5% T-Bill, DEX Universal Bond Index 45%, TSX Index 42.5%, S&P500 Index C$ 7.5%)